Saturday, October 6, 2012

2: Seaside

The picture of the day is a flat of strawberries I picked up from Pezzini Farms and loaded onto my Carradice Bagman, using my saddlebag to hold it down. I'm pleased to report that it survived all the way to my family friends' home in Seaside, where I'm staying, and my bag isn't even strawberry-flavored.

I can't forget the smell of riding through endless fields of ripe strawberries, which constituted approximately the middle third of the day.

Family friends: they take care of you, they sacrifice their own well-being for yours, they think nothing of doing things for you that you wouldn't even think to ask. You even speak with them in Chinese. They're family, essentially.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing. What delicious smells! They must almost match your bike.

    ReplyDelete