Saturday, October 6, 2012

Felton

I spent long enough getting showered, laundered in the sink, and pianoed that I ran out of time to have dinner in Santa Cruz. Instead I hopped on the bus to Felton and had a burrito from the taqueria there. With no time to spare, I dashed over to the hall, but it was a large newcomer session so it wasn't exactly on time.

The dancers were a fascinating mix of people from over the mountains like me, most of whom had chosen a saner means of transportation; people who were new to dancing; and the local regulars, some of whom I vaguely remembered from my 2 previous times here, and some of whom I'd seen in Palo Alto.

In lieu of appropriate footwear, I brought a roll of athletic tape for my feet. The tape curled a bit at first but worked as I had hoped. Originally white, it dustified as the night went on.

The dances Lisa Greenleaf called were on the simpler side, given the large newcomer crowd, and I wrote down 2 of them. Dr. Groove with Betsy was amazing - they and Lisa even pulled off a seamless transition from walkthrough to dance. I was offered space on people's floors (that I didn't need) and rides back to downtown, which I eventually got with Steve, a radio engineer.

I really feel like I should be sleeping more, but I seem to perennially be the first one awake in the hostel...

No comments:

Post a Comment